||One of earliest fine houses in Abilene. Built 1903 in colonial revival style by Dr. Jefferson Davis Magee (1861-1935) and wife, Anna (Wilbanks). A native of Pike County, Mississippi, educated in East Texas and at the Louisville (KY) Medical College, Dr. Magee moved to Abilene (1902), had drugstore and extensive practice. His home was noted for its hospitality. Built on an entire city block, structure was of oak lumber with lofty ionic columns of cypress. Restored 1962-70 and preserved by Mr. and Mrs. John L. Thompson.
Recorded Texas Historical Landmark, 1971