||Early settlers have recalled that a log school stood near this site as early as 1870. By 1877, 45 students were enrolled. In 1884, A.J. Colwell deeded two acres here to the Pleasant Run School Trustees for a public school and church. In 1897 a wooden school-house stood here and one teacher, Emma Dixon, was teaching 93 students during a 120-day term. A 2-story brick building was completed c. 1913, replaced by a Works Progress Administration structure in 1939. About 233 students were enrolled in 1960. Classes were last held here in 1962, soon after consolidation with Grapevine.