Details for The W. T. and T. C. Connor Buildings

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5343007845

Data

Marker Number 7845
Atlas Number 5343007845
Marker Title The W. T. and T. C. Connor Buildings
Index Entry W. T. and T. C. Connor Buildings
Address 205 Linda Dr.
City Daingerfield
County Morris
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes Victorian (architectural term); Business topics, general; markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1976
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark No
Marker Location
Private Property No
Marker Condition In Situ
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text W. T. Connor (d. 1920) opened a mercantile business in 1866 in Daingerfield. In the 1880s, he and his contractor son, T. C. Connor, erected adjacent storehouses on this site, with his son doing the construction. Although T.C. Connor sold his building in 1890, the family regained ownership in 1938, to be retained until 1968. Occupants have included doctors, merchants, and various public agencies. The McKellar Company bought this property in 1974, combining the structures, which are rare examples of Victorian business buildings still in use.

Location Map

View this record in full map (opens in new tab/window)