Details for First Presbyterian Church of Cotulla
Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5283008132
Data
| Marker Number | 8132 |
| Atlas Number | 5283008132 |
| Marker Title | First Presbyterian Church of Cotulla |
| Index Entry | First Presbyterian Church of Cotulla |
| Address | S. Center at Stewart |
| City | Cotulla |
| County | La Salle |
| UTM Zone | |
| UTM Easting | |
| UTM Northing | |
| Subject Codes | philanthropy; churches |
| Marker Year | 1978 |
| Recorded Texas Historic Landmark | No |
| Marker Location | |
| Private Property | No |
| Marker Condition | In Situ |
| Marker Size | 18" x 28" |
| Marker Text | On September 4, 1884, the Rev. W. W. Killough, a visiting pastor, established this Presbyterian congregation. Members worshiped in the Methodist and Baptist churches before erecting their own church building in 1891, ;during the ministry of the Rev. A. J. Hall. The Rev. Harry W. Hamilton served as pastor from 1909 until his death in 1940. In 1963 the small frame church was destroyed by fire; only a silver communion service was saved. The present structure was dedicated in 1965. |