Details for Morgan Hospital
Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5075003471
|400 7th St. NW
|Colonial Revival (architectural style); buildings; hospitals; medical topics and health professionals
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
|SW corner 7th St. SW and Ave. D SW. Marker reported faded Sep. 2018.
|Medallion and Plate
|One of the earliest medical care facilities in Childress, this double-galleried building was constructed in 1916 to house the clinic of Dr. J.D. Michie and Dr. H.D. Barnes. Nine years later it was purchased by Dr. T.M. Morgan, who operated the facility as the Morgan Hospital until his death in 1941. The building, which reflects influences of the Colonial Revival style, now serves as a reminder of the medical care provided by the town's early physicians. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1982