Marker Text |
Founded 1874 as a mission of Trinity Church. In 1876 became an independent parish under the Rev. Jeremiah Ward, Rector. Dedicated in 1895 by Bishop G. H. Kinsolving, the building was made possible by a request from civic leader Henry Rosenberg. The beautiful hand-carved altar and reredos were gifts of Mrs. Mollie Rosenberg. The Gothic style church was designed in white limestone by Nicholas J. Clayton, architect. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1967 |